Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Sparkler from our wedding-photo by bobbi + mike




I can't believe it's 2014! I have to admit, it was a little hard to let go of 2013. It was a great year, I married my best friend, moved into a new apartment, and I really feel I began to come into my own as a young adult. Today I sat down to write out my resolutions for 2014, and while I have a few ( very exciting!) aspirations and goals, I really want to make sure I experience life this next year. And that's what it’s really about, isn't it? When a year is over, we don't remember the checklists we accomplished, we remember how we felt.

I am going to embrace this next year in a way I never have. I am going to spend less time checking off lists and worrying about bills and futures and 401k's. I am going to act my age ( I am only 24 for goodness sake) and spend less time trying to be a "grown up" . This year I am promising myself that I will spend more time exploring, loving, laughing and listening to my inner self. I will spend more time enjoying the little things in every day and not get bogged down by the big picture.

You’ve been great 2013, but I have a feeling 2014 just might be the best year yet!

Happy New Year everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Design by Fabulous K