Monday, November 4, 2013

Shhh! It's One Of My Best Kept Secrets!

Ambre Essence

I love my perfumes, every season one of the first things I purchase is a new fragrance. Fruity in the summer, warm and  rich in the fall, spicy in the winter and crisp and clean in the spring. That being said, I have smelled allot of perfumes and sometimes I have an issue with how strong fragrances are, they can overpower you and give you a crazy headache. As such, I had been searching for that understated subtle fragrance for what felt like forever,until a few months ago. While in my favorite local boutique, I saw these tiny bottles filled with oil from Ambre Blends. While finishing my purchase, I mindlessly decided to try the Ambre Essence on and...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I fell head over heels in love with fragrances made from essential oils. Subtle and rich, the fragrance rolled on like butter and made me smell fabulous in an earthy, understated, "I just roll out of bed smelling like this" way. It also made the skin on my wrists so soft. And the best part? No headache, and I didn't knock anyone over as I walked by.

Needless to say, I was obsessed. However, I wasn't obsessed with the price. While I will agree that
fragrances made with essential oils last longer than your normal fragrance, the price was still a little steep. But then, one glorious day at Whole Foods, I found a knockoff that smells exactly like my beloved Ambre Essence! Persian Garden by Kuumba Made is an almost exact match and is a fraction of the price. The only downside to Persian Garden is that I notice the fragrance doesn't last as long as the Ambre Essence and the oils feel a little greasy compared to the Ambre Essence. But hey, when I need to stay on a budget, the Persian Garden is my go to fix.


Persian Garden
So there you have it, one of my best kept secrets is that I wear Persian Garden most days instead of Ambre Essence and most folks can never tell the difference. 

**Disclaimer, I do not work for Ambre Blends or Kuumba Made. These observations are purely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Design by Fabulous K