Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sick Day

I don't get sick very often, but when I do, it takes me out big time! Such has been the story of my life for the past week, what started out as an innocent sneeze has turned into what I am now calling "the beast". Sore throat, cough and packed sinuses have kept me on my back for the better part of three days. While I adore my sweatpants, couch and blanket, I think my poor husband is getting tired of waiting on me hand and foot (thanks hubby!). So in an effort to be productive and change out of my sweatpants today I made my "show must go on" tea. When I was a theater major in college, I drank this stuff by the gallon when I was sick and I had to perform. It's extremely soothing and gives you the boost you need to function while sick!



"Show Must Go On" Tea


  • Tea of your choice (however strong or weak you like it) I prefer a strong Earl Grey
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon if you are having issues with coughing or about 1/3 cup fresh pineapple juice for sore throat 
  • 2 tablespoons honey 



Brew your tea and add the above ingredients. Now put that sucker in a thermos and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Design by Fabulous K